Master's programme in Software Engineering and Digital Transformation 2018-19
This Study Guide includes the degree structure and curriculum of the master's programmes for academic year 2018-19:
• Software Engineering and Digital Transformation
• Double Degree Programme in Software Engineering and Digital Transformation
• Degree Master of Science in Technology (M.Sc. Tech.), (Diplomi-insinööri DI in Finnish)
• Higher university degree, gives eligibility to scientific doctoral studies
• Extent 120 ECTS credits
• Duration 2 years
On the completion of this program, the graduates will be able to:
1. Describe and adapt computer science, software engineering knowledge, best practices, and standards appropriate to engineering complex software systems.
2. Analyze a problem; identify and elicit functional, non-functional and sustainability requirements appropriate to its solution.
3. Demonstrate the empiricism and familiarity with the methods of academic research and writing.
4. Design, evaluate, and adapt software processes and software development tools to meet the needs of an advanced development project.
5. Elicit user needs and design an effective software solution.
6. Logical, convincing, and effective communication both orally and in writing
7. Function effectively in teams and adapt teaming strategies to improve the productivity.
8. Recognize human, security, social, entrepreneur issues and responsibilities relevant to engineering software and digitalization of services.
9. Integrate into a multi-cultural working environment with practical orientation and collaborating in professional networks.
10. Acknowledge life-long learning as a way to stay up to date in the profession.
Software Engineering specialization
11. Design software systems and define architectures in open and distributed environments in holistic and integrative manner
12. Apply software engineering best practices and standards for software development and evolution of diverse types of software systems.
Digital Transformation specialization
13. Analyze and develop digital business models and value creation practices through re-engineering of processes and services
14. Evaluate business impact and cost benefits of digitalization on individuals, organizations, society and global context and design supporting digital platforms.