Bachelor's Programme in Electrical Engineering 2019-2020 (180 ECTS)
BSc in Electrical Engineering is taught in Finnish
This is a Tekniikan kandidaatti (TkK), Bachelor of Science in Technology (B.Sc. Tech.) amounting to 180 ECTS
A lower university degree gives eligibility to apply for Master's studies
The BSc education is arranged so that the full-time students can complete the degree in three academic years.
Learning Oucomes of the Programme
After graduating from the Bachelor’s Programme in Electrical Engineering
• Students will have basic skills in mathematics and science and be able to solve problems by applying suitable mathematical methods.
• Students will be aware of the essential laws of physics and be able to apply them to various physical processes. Students will understand physical phenomena and be able to solve problems related to them. Students will be able to describe simple dynamics systems using continuous time differential equations and simulate them. Students will be able to use digital solving environments in the practical applications of the methods.
• Students will understand the meaning of the most essential electrical equations and be able to apply them.
• Students will be able to name and describe the most common electrical and electronics applications and operation principles. Students will be able to explain the most essential operation principles of electrical grid.
• Students will understand the principle of feedback control. Students will be able to apply the basic methods of control engineering in devices and machines.
• Students will be able to describe the essential systems of electricity production. Students will be able to explain the operation of the most essential electromagnetic and electromechanic components used in energy conversion, based on the basic equations of electricity. Students will be able to describe the operation and control of the typical electrical motors and converters. Students will understand the meaning of electricity in the energy systems of the societies, and be able to propose energy efficient electrical implementations to different energy solutions of the society.
• Students will know the phenomena and regulations of electrical safety well enough to apply Electrical Qualification 2 and/or 3 (S2 and/or S3) if required. Students will be able to describe the essential guidelines and regulations of electrical safety, electrical installations and electromagnetic compatibility, and act according to them. Students will be able to operate in case of electrical accident. Students will be able to perform the essential measurements related to the electrical safety of installations.
• Students will be able to use safely and reliably the most common measurement systems of electrical power engineering, power electronics and electronics, and perform calculations and measurements related to electrical circuits and power electronics. Students will be able to design, implement and document measurements and justify technical theorems by means of measurements.
• Students will know the study methods best suited for themselves and apply them. Students will be able to communicate both written and orally, also with foreign language. Students will be able to search and filter information. Students will be able to work as a team member in a project-like working environment. Students will be able to prepare and follow schedules to achieve goals. Students will be able to participate scientific discussion. Students will be able to give and treat peer-feedback.
The BSc in technology 180 ECTS consists of
general studies, including language and communication studies
intermediate specialisation studies of electrical engineering, including a Bachelor's thesis and a related seminar
free eletive studies.
See Uni for more information (in Finnish only):