Bachelor's Degree Programme in Business Administration 2018 – 2019
This programme is taught in Finnish.
The bachelor of business administration degree (B.Sc. Econ.) is min. 180 ECTS cr and can be achieved in three years full time studying. The degree consists of general studies (obligatory for all), language and communication studies, intermediate specialisation studies and minor studies. In addition students may take free elective studies.
The intermediate specialisation will be chosen in the end of the first academic year. Options are:
The instructions regarding to the studying business administration are available at UNI -portal: https://uni.lut.fi/en/web/lut.fi-eng/lut-school-of-business
The bachelor programme includes a versatile general studies package. After completing the general studies, the student is able to understand and adopt the basic concepts and the key theories of business and economics. After completing the Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with the
specialisation in International Business, the graduate will be able to:
• understand international business and business processes comprehensively
• evaluate constraints, risks and opportunities related to international business
• apply core concepts and models of international business, marketing and supply management
• classify the theories of international business and identify the mechanisms of international business and the assumptions of value creation
• apply the basic skills in the management and implementation of purchasing and supply networks as well as sales and marketing management
• use various tools of decision-making and participate in the development of the tools
• choose appropriate methods for the research and critically evaluate previous research and literature.
The graduate with the specialisation in Financial Management will be able to:
• manage the areas of accounting and financing as a whole
• understand the basic concepts and models of financial management and business law
• evaluate the information produced by the company's accounting and control systems and choose suitable accounting tools
• understand corporate finance and evaluate the operations and changes in the financial markets by utilising various financial tools
• identify the business decision-making risks related to legal issues
• apply key financial management skills in different business processes
• select appropriate methods for the research and critically evaluate previous research and literature.