Master’s Programme in Energy Systems 2018-2019 (120 ECTS)
• Degree Master of Science in Technology (M.Sc. Tech.), (Diplomi-insinööri in Finnish)
• Higher university degree, gives eligibility to apply for scientific doctoral studies
• Extent 120 ECTS credits
• Duration two year , full-time studies of 60 ECTS per academic year.
Learning Outcomes of the Programme
Master’s Programme in Energy Systems, specialisation in Bio-Energy Systems or Nuclear Engineering
After completion of the M.Sc. programme in Energy Systems, the graduate will
• be able to analyse, plan and select energy conversion processes for different applications, taking into account the technical, economic, environmental and sociological aspects
• be able to design equipment and processes with respect to energy technology
• be able to apply and develop mathematical models for solving problems in energy technology
• be able to lead and organize both domestic and international projects
• be able to communicate and work in society, in industry as well as in the scientific and research community.
The Master's degree (120 ECTS) consists of core studies, specialisation studies, minor studies and elective studies. The Master's Thesis and Seminar is included in the specialisation studies.
The MSc in Energy Systems is also available as a Double Degree Programme for the students of our partner universities. The Double Degree Programme has separate degree structures of its own.