Master’s Programme in Biorefineries 2018-2019 (120 ECTS)
• Degree Master of Science in Technology (M.Sc. Tech.), (Diplomi-insinööri in Finnish)
• Higher university degree, gives eligibility to apply for scientific doctoral studies
• Extent 120 ECTS credits
• Duration two years, full-time studies of 60 ECTS per academic year
• MSc in Biorefineries is suitable for distance learning.
Learning Outcomes of the Programme
After completion of the MSc programme in Biorefineries the graduate
• has acquired comprehensive knowledge of the modern biorefining technology, products and raw materials
• has good knowledge of technologies integrated to biorefineries, e.g. waste water treatment
• is able to demonstrate a critical understanding of sustainable solutions and technologies, problem-solving skills and ability to design and develop practical biorefining applications
• has the courage to create innovations and new technical solutions
• possesses project working and communication skills needed in the modern networked environment.
The Master's degree (120 ECTS) consists of core studies, specialisation studies, minor studies and elective studies. The students of the MSc in Biorefineries specialise in Biobased Process Engineering. The Master's Thesis and Seminar is included in the specialisation studies.
-> Orientation days for new students on August 28-29, 2018
-> Autumn semester's contact teaching days on November 15-17, 2018
(including the courses Orientation for M.Sc. Studies, Principles of Thermal Gas-Liquid Processes, Solid-Liquid Separation, Membrane Technology)/added 1.6.18/ml