Master’s Programme in Energy Conversion 2019-2020 (120 ECTS)
• This is a Master of Science in Technology (M.Sc. Tech.), (Diplomi-insinööri in Finnish) degree
• Higher university degree gives eligibility to apply for scientific doctoral studies
• Extent 120 ECTS credits
• Duration two years, full-time studies of 60 ECTS per academic year.
Learning Outcomes of the Programme
After completion of the M.Sc. programme in Energy Conversion, the graduate
• Can analyse, design and select energy conversion processes for different applications, taking technological, economical, environmental and societal aspects into account,
• Is able to apply and develop mathematical models to solve energy technological problems,
• Can manage and organize both national and international projects.
• Is able to design energy technology related equipment, plants, processes and systems.
• Is able to communicate and act in academic and research environments.
• Can work as specialist in energy technology.
(Available as a triple triple degree, too).
The Master's degree (120 ECTS) consists of core studies, specialisation studies, minor studies and free elective studies. The specialisation studies include a Master's Thesis and a seminar.
The MSc in Energy Conversion is also available as a triple degree programme. The Trilateral Master’s Degree Programme in Energy Technology has a separate degree structure of its own.
Master's studies in energy technology