Master’s Programme in Biorefineries 2019-2020 (120 ECTS)
• This is a Master of Science in Technology (M.Sc. Tech.), Diplomi-insinööri (DI) degree amounting to 120 ECTS
• A higher university degree gives eligibility to apply for scientific doctoral studies
• Duration two years, full-time studies of 60 ECTS per academic year
• MSc in Biorefineries is suitable for distance learning.
Learning Outcomes of the Programme
After completion of the MSc programme in Biorefineries the graduate
• has acquired comprehensive knowledge of the modern biorefining technology, products and raw materials. This includes also the current technology e.g. pulping processes.
• has good knowledge of technologies integrated to biorefineries, e.g. waste water treatment
• is able to demonstrate a critical understanding of sustainable solutions and technologies, problem-solving skills and ability to design and develop practical biorefining applications
• has the courage to create innovations and new technical solutions
• possesses project working and communication skills needed in the modern networked environment.
A Master's degree (120 ECTS) consists of core studies, specialisation studies, minor studies and free elective studies.
Students of the MSc in Biorefineries specialise in Biobased Process Engineering.
Master's Studies in Chemical Engineering