Master’s Programme in Bioenergy Systems 2019-2020 (120 ECTS)
• This is a Master of Science in Technology (M.Sc. Tech.), (Diplomi-insinööri in Finnish) degree
• Higher university degree gives eligibility to apply for scientific doctoral studies
• Extent 120 ECTS credits
• Duration two year , full-time studies of 60 ECTS per academic year.
Learning Outcomes of the Programme
After completion of the M.Sc. programme in Bioenergy Systems, the graduate
• Can analyse, design and select energy conversion processes for different applications, taking technological, economical, environmental and societal aspects into account.
• Can apply and develop mathematical models to solve energy technological problems.
• Is able to investigate and design small-scale bio-energy systems.
• Understands what prerequisites various bio-fuels sets for their utilization (processes and equipment).
• Is able to take part in strategic planning at a national level to increase the use of bio-energy nationally.
• Understands and is able to explain the benefits and drawbacks of different bio-energy generation technologies
• Is able to manage and organize both national and international projects.
• Is able to design energy technology related equipment, plants, processes and systems.
• Can communicate and act in academic and research environments.
• Can work as specialist in energy technology.
(Available as a double degree, too).
The Master's degree (120 ECTS) consists of core studies, specialisation studies, minor studies and free elective studies. The specialisation studies include a Master's Thesis and a seminar.
The MSc in Bioenergy Systems is also available as a Double Degree Programme for the students of our partner universities.
The Double Degree Programme has a separate degree structure of its own.
Master's studies in energy technology