The course is only for Master students in International Business and Entrepreneurship programme.
M.Sc. (Econ. & Bus. Adm.) 1
|Teacher(s) in Charge
Post-doctoral researcher, D.Sc. (Bus. & Adm.) Anna Vuorio
Professor, D. Sc. (Bus. & Adm.) Henri Hakala
Researcher, D. Sc. (Bus. & Adm.) Kirsi Snellman (edit. 21.5.2019)
After completing the course, the student will understand and evaluate theories and concepts related to entrepreneurship. In particular, the students will be able to:
1. Identify and evaluate the characteristics of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial process
2. Recognize the factors that shape entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial process
3. Assess, criticize, compare and contrast as well as apply the essential theories and frameworks in entrepreneurship
4. Evaluate the role of entrepreneurship to an individual, surrounding community and society
6. Provide a critical reflection on the connection between sustainability and entrepreneurship
7. Analyze the key entrepreneurial decisions and theories associated with decision-making
8. Work effectively in cross-cultural teams
9. Create and deliver a group presentation focusing on contemporary issues in entrepreneurship.
The aim of the course is to develop understanding of the entrepreneurship phenomena from four distinctive viewpoints. Individual, business, organizational and societal dimensions will each highlight unique aspects of entrepreneurship for economies, societies and the people involved. Different forms of entrepreneurship, decision-making modes and entrepreneurial process are among main themes discussed in the course. The course introduces key theoretical perspectives and concepts connected to entrepreneurship as well as presents contemporary issues in today’s entrepreneurship research and practice.
Lectures 14 h, pre-lecture assignments 10 h, essay 50 h, preparing for Exam 86 h. Total workload 160 h.
|Examination in Examination schedule (Yes/No)
No (edit. 8.8.2019)
|Examination in Moodle (Yes/No)
|Examination in Exam (Yes/No)
Yes (edit. 8.8.2019)
|Assessment scale and assessment methods
Grade 0-5, evaluation 0-100 points; exam 50 %, pre-lecture assignments 30 % and essay 20 %. (edit. 8.8.2019)
Article list provided by teachers.
A bachelor’s degree in Business (Econ. & Bus. Adm.) or equivalent.
|Limitation for students? (Yes, number, priorities/Leave empty)
40. (edit. 21.5.2019) The course is only for students in International Business and Entrepreneurship programme.
|Places for exchange-students? (Yes, number/No)
|Places for Open University Students?(Yes, number/No)