Location: full digi
Sustainability reporting and communication -course is an online course for individual learning. The study periods are: 1-2, 3-4 and summer. Students will proceed individually through the course. In the course, the priority is given for Master's students of MSIS and Accounting and students of Sustainability minor.
Only for Master's level students.
M.Sc. (Econ & Bus. Adm.) 1-2
1-2, 3-4, summer
|Teacher(s) in Charge
Associate Professor, Ph.D. Laura Albareda
Post-Doctoral Researcher, D.Sc. (Econ. & Bus. Adm.) Päivi Maijanen-Kyläheiko
By the end of the course, students will be able
- to define sustainability reporting and the main objectives for companies to report, fundamental concepts and the main dimensions and guiding principles
- to prepare and write a sustainability report chapter
- to identify and analyze alternative ways to communicate sustainability as part of the business strategy
Main content is connected to course aims:
1.1 Understand main differences between financial, sustainability and integrated reporting
1.2.Learn sustainability reporting tools
1.3. Understand how to set up a materiality assessment for sustainability an integrated reporting.
2.1. Learn how to write a sustainability report
2.2. Compare and evaluate integrated reporting
3. Learn and analyze alternatives ways to communicate sustainability and understand the strategic value of sustainability communication
Independent learning based on the course materials, concept maps, videos with short lectures, power point or digital presentations, case studies, stimulating questions, (50 h)
- Online tests and assignments (40h)
- Preparing a sustainability report and a case analysis (70 h)
Total workload 160 hours.
|Examination in Examination schedule (Yes/No)
|Examination in Moodle (Yes/No)
|Examination in Exam (Yes/No)
|Assessment scale and assessment methods
Assessment on the scale 0-5
1. Essays, analyses and multiple choice test 30%
2. Preparing a sustainability report 40%
3. Case analysis related to sustainability communication 30%
Books, research articles and other material will be published in Moodle.
B.Sc level studies.
|Limitation for students? (Yes, number, priorities/Leave empty)
The course is available for Master's students of MSIS and Accounting and students of Sustainability minor.
|Places for exchange-students? (Yes, number/No)
|Places for Open University Students?(Yes, number/No)