Course is also a part of the Entrepreneurship minor subject.
||M.Sc. (Tech.) 1 |
|Teacher(s) in Charge
Professor, D.Sc. (Econ. & Bus. Adm.) Timo Pihkala
D.Sc. (Econ. & Bus. Adm.) Marita Rautiainen
The aim ofthis course is to give an overview of different forms of entrepreneurship, itsimportance for economies and the people involved. Besides studying anddiscussing a selection of academic articles, students will be actively involvedin the entrepreneurial process through practical cases. After the course,students should be able to:
- Prove evidence of a comprehensive knowledge of the concepts and theories used in the course
- Prove evidence of (research and case-based) empirical knowledge regarding the different topics covered by the course
- Be able to link theoretical knowledge with empirical insights and apply it to practical cases, in particular:
- Be able to analyze a business case and critically assess the quality of entrepreneurial strategies and tactics based on theoretical and practical insights
- Be able to find and evaluate relevant literature and empirical evidence to support the analysis of specific topics covered by the course
- Be able to critically assess the validity of statements based on empirical research
Basic concepts of entrepreneurship, entrepreneurship theory, entrepreneurial person and the latest theoretical directions.
Independent studies 148 h, lectures 8 h, total 156 h.
|Suitability for doctoral studies (Yes/Leave empty)
|Doctoral School course where enrollment is in WebOodi (Yes/Leave empty)
|Examination in Examination schedule (Yes/No)
|Examination in Moodle (Yes/No)
|Examination in Exam (Yes/No)
|Assessment scale and assessment methods
0-5, Moodle-exams (50%) and written assignment (50%).
Bridge, S., O´Neill, K. and Cromie, S. (2003): Understanding, Enterprise, Entrepreneurship and Small Business. (2nd ed.) Palgrave-MacMillan Shane, Scott: A general theory of entrepreneurship. The individual-opportunity nexus. Edward Elgar. Lecture materials
|Limitation for students? (Yes, number, priorities/Leave empty)
||Yes, maximum 100. Priority is given to the student in Entrepreneurship masters program and students of entrepreneurship minor. |
|Places for exchange-students? (Yes, number/No)
|Places for Open University Students?(Yes, number/No)