Location: Lappeenranta, Lahti
Lectures together with all students of MSc programmes in Energy Technology, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Sustainability Science and Solutions.
Lectures for students of MSc programme in Circular Economy will be arranged in Lahti or online (announced in the beginning of the course)
M.Sc. (Tech.) 1
|Teacher(s) in Charge
Post-Doctoral Researcher, D.Sc.(Tech.) Sanni Väisänen
Post-Doctoral Researcher, D.Sc.(Tech.) Katja Hynynen
Associate Professor, D.Sc.(Tech.) Ahti Jaatinen-Värri
Associate Professor, D.Sc.(Tech.) Ville Uusitalo
Researcher, D.Sc.(Tech.) John Bruzzo Escalante
Upon completionof the course the student is expected to be able to:
1. describe the content of the Degree Programme, interpret the study guide andalso describe the research areas of School of Energy Systems,
2. prepare his/her individual study plan (ePSP) and follow the progress ofhis/her studies with the help of WebOodi’s personal study plan,
3. observe the university’s examination practices and degree programmepractices (incl. instructions of the Master’s Thesis),
4. use the services of the library, retrieve information independently and usethe information sources in accordance with good practices, and also toobserve the copyrights,
5. understand how to manage the studies and how to find help when needed duringhis/her studies,
6. use the Moodle learning environment,
7. knowshow to improve information security during his/her daily use ofuniversity networks,
8. understandthe concept of career planning and use the services of career services,
9. understand the concept of cultural differences and how it mighteffect on his/her daily social intercourse.
Getting to know the School of EnergySystems and the Master’s programs Studies (incl. Master’s Thesis). Studyand exam culture in LUT. LUT library collections, databases,reference practices, and copyrights, information security, career planningand cultural difference related issues. Study Skills and Motivation. ePSPworkshop. Research areas of School of Energy Systems. The course is related to sustainability.
1st and 2nd period: 15 h of obligatory lectures (incl. participation in an ePSP workshop. 1stperiod: Information security training and Information searchning web courses (2+ 5 h). 2nd period: Individual discussion with a teacher tutor 1 h. Individual work 3 h. Total workload 26 h.
|Examination in Examination schedule (Yes/No)
|Examination in Moodle (Yes/No)
|Examination in Exam (Yes/No)
|Assessment scale and assessment methods
Pass/fail. Passing the course requires attendance at the lectures, ePSP, passing individual Information security training and Information searching web courses, written assignment, and discussion with teacher tutor.
Study Guide, Moodle, LUT library collections, and databases.
|Places for exchange-students? (Yes, number/No)
|Places for Open University Students?(Yes, number/No)