The Master's degree (120 ECTS) consists of core studies, specialisation studies in Technomathematics, Technical Physics or Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, minor studies and free elective studies. The Master's Thesis and Seminar is included in the specialisation studies.
Students are instructed to choose one of the following minor studies to their MSc degree:
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (SaDREE)
- Industrial Engineering and Management (TuDSOIEM) or Tuotantotalous, laaja (TuDSO)
- Software Engineering and Digital Transformation minor (TiDSOsedt)
- International Business Management (KaSOIbm)
- Digitalization and Business Analytics (KaSOBusan) (primarily for LBM-students and if courses have room for other students, computational engineering students are next in line)
Students may do the minor during exchange abroad (upon application).
Free elective studies can be any courses offered by LUT if the required prerequisites are fulfilled. Studies in other universities/from abroad or a max. of 10 ECTS of internship (BM10A0100 Work Internship in Master's Degree, 2-10 ECTS) may be included upon application, too.
The MSc in Computational Engineering and Technical Physics is also available as a Double Degree Programme for the students of our partner universities. The Double Degree Programme has a separate degree structure of its own.
See the degree structure for details.